Okay, it is the 22nd and I am now posting up my One Small Change for Feb. Sorry! My small change this month is to teach my tots how to recycle and to kind of understand the meaning behind recycling. Ever since my CARE days in 5th grade, I’ve been passionate about saving the planet. I was the one following my family members in and out of rooms reminding them to turn off the lights, collecting the neighborhoods recycling and taking them to centers (with the help of the p’s, of course), and being cognizant of my water usage. Sure I went through stages when I didn’t care as much like when I was throwing away empty beer cans in college (the thought makes me cringe). But ever since I had my oldest, I’ve been pretty adamant about recycling. Chicago doesn’t have the best recycling system, but it’s moving forward. Unfortunately, we don’t have those handy bins behind our home (I live in a condo) so my hubby, who’s known as the “recycle bandit”, takes it to a center at a park nearby. Is there extra work on our end? Definitely. But I will do my part for my children’s future planet.
So how did I get this idea? Well, nothing pleased me more when Neil was about to throw away my three year old’s empty yogurt cup and she yelled with her hands on her hips, “Dad, this is not for trash, this is for recycle. Okaay, Dad?” I was a proud mama that day. So, I’m going to take the next week or so to reinforce and talk to Stella and Harry (mostly Stella) about the importance of recycling and what to recycle. Let’s see how this goes! I’ll keep ya posted on the process.
On a quest to live my best life and here to share the journey with you.
- Love this site for fashion/glamorous/all things beautiful inspiration bit.ly/pxolrm 6 years ago
- a healthy alternative to soda? I might give it a whirl - bit.ly/n0pm6d 6 years ago
- "Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine." Lord Byron 6 years ago
- It has been a while since #theinnerpeaceproject put anything out there. I've just been feeling rather peaceful these days. Feeling blessed. 6 years ago
- "Gratitude turns what we have into enough" 6 years ago
- "Be as you wish to seem" Socrates 6 years ago
- A neat post from Zen Habits: How To Be Irresistible At Any Age http://zenhabits.net/age/ 6 years ago