I apologize I have neglected this part of my life – the innerpeace seeking blog. To be honest I haven’t felt super peaceful these days. think a large part has to do with allergies and my sinus issues. Chicago is such a lovely place this time of year. It’s still sunny and green, the flowers are still in bloom, and there’s a nice breeze in the air. But something about barometric pressure that wreaks havoc on my ability to be my best. There are days when I just can’t step outside for the life of me. My body is tired, my face feels so heavy, I feel spacey (not in the good way), I’m irritable and I can’t seem to focus. It sucks and I am always trying to figure out a way to combat this feeling (Clean, Juicing).
I am doing a few things to help me get stronger, mentally and physically, to recapture that spark that started to fizz out a bit.
This is what I did:
- began meditating. Megan sent me this link one day and I began meditating. it’s bringing me so much clarity, a feeling of euphoria and relaxation, and it began to stir up some excitement within myself. Thank you for thinking of me, Meg!
- Started telling myself to be happy. That worked. I also forced myself to smile more.
- I am reading a ton more again!! I am reading books about organic gardening in small spaces, how to decorate your home using recycled materials, fashion/decorating/beauty magazines (a pastime of mine), researching business plans (thinking about going into business with my mom), a thriller, etc.
- Crafts. I found a project that gets me excited and pumped to do. Can’t tell you what this is yet because I’m going to give it to my good girlfriends and family as birthday and holiday gifts. SO excited about that.
- Exercising. Got back into Pilates and my body is thanking me by getting stronger every time I work it out.
I think I’m back. No, i know I’m back. I feel ready to go, pumped to embrace what the world has in store for me head-on. I am at home everyday with my 2 and 3-year-old (yes, lucky me). I have to be a strong mom for them. I want those kids to feel so loved they don’t know what do with themselves, I want to nourish their brains with what their hearts yearn for, expose them to as many positive situations and learning experiences as possible in hopes that they will grow up to be happy and well-balanced people. Is this too much to ask? Apologies for the diversion.
My point is let’s get this party started! I’m back and ready to share and I hope you are too. It’s going to be a fun and healthy fall 2010!
Btw, how does the change in weather make you feel? Am I the only one who needs a little time to adjust?